We are always looking for people who can help us in our valuable work. If you are interested in volunteering for Dyslexia Action, please email us at: email@example.com
Whilst we welcome enquiries regarding general opportunities, we are currently looking for volunteers for the following areas:
1. Tees Valley Catch-up Club Volunteers
The Tees Valley Catch-up Clubs, funded by the Big Lottery will run in Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough and Stockton and are FREE for young people to attend. We are looking for IT literate volunteers with Level 2 in English and maths to help us run the clubs in these areas.
The clubs provide support to young people, 16-19, who have dyslexia or are at risk of leaving education due to dropping back in class and not coping with current teaching strategies. This project aims to raise attendees' confidence and improve English and maths skills.
If you want better outcomes for young people and feel passionate about supporting them to get where they need to be, then we want you on board.
Interested? Click here
Other ways to get involved
- Man a stall for Dyslexia Action at a local fete where you can raise some money and give out information leaflets
- Offer DIY skills and time to a local centre. It may be that there are a set of shelves that need to be put up, or the whole centre might need a fresh lick of paint, any help that you can offer your local centre would be gratefully received
- Nominate your local centre for a local Waitrose Community Matters appeal
- Get your pom poms at the ready and become a cheer squad for people taking part in challenge events for Dyslexia Action! We’re always looking for people who can show support for those prepared to sweat their way to a finish line to raise money for the cause, and these events always have a fantastic atmosphere.