Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is an essential and integral element of a professional teacher/assessors expertise. Practitioner knowledge develops and transfers at an unprecedented pace in the digital age and specialist teachers need to stay at the forefront of all information in the field and to have access to the latest resources.
This Level 7 Continuing Professional Practice Award (DAAWD700) is designed to enable specialist assessors and teachers to explore the assessment and teaching intervention processes in depth. Each unit features theoretical input, a series of practical activities and a reflective element to drive practitioners to a constructive self-evaluation of their own professional practice.
Once all three units have been completed, you will gain the "Professional Practice Award for Specialist Assessors".
Professional Practice Award for Specialist Assessors: 1. The Professional Practice Award for Specialist Assessors
1. The Professional Practice Award for Specialist Assessors
Who is this course suitable for?
- Those who have studied at this level some time ago and wish to refresh their knowledge (e.g. York Certificate/Diploma or Hornsby PG graduates)
- Those who have studied at least Level 5 SpLD and are considering working towards Level 7 study
(Please contact us directly and before applying if you have studied on the Middlesex Accredited Postgraduate programme)
About the course
- 90 hours of online learning, conducted over three, 6 week periods¹
- Free two week online induction before the course
- Tutor support throughout the duration of the course
- This Unit equates to Level 7 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) See: http://ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-advice/comparing-qualifications/
¹July and November units run over 8 weeks
This award is made up of three units which can also be booked individually:
- The Interpretation of Assessment Findings Refresher Course - DACPD701
- Examining TOMAL2 Refresher Course - DACPD702
- Identifying Best Practice in Test Administration Refresher Course - DACP703
Dyslexia Action Training is a SASC Authorised CPD Provider. This course is suitable for those seeking to gain or renew their Assessment Practicing Certificate (APC). 15 hours of the total learning hours for this course are recognised and accredited by SASC as fulfilling (5 per unit), in part, the (minimum) 20 CPD hours required over three years that contribute towards gaining or renewing an APC. APC candidates should present a representative portfolio of CPD study, professional development and self-directed learning.
Pre-reading and assignments:
- No pre-reading is necessary
- Performance on this course is assessed via a mixture of participation in the collaborative activities and the completion of a reflective log
These courses can be studied as individual units at £295 (£285 for Guild members) or as an Award at a discounted price of £855 (£825 for Guild members).
How to Book
To book an award, please click on the relevant date below. The set start dates for each unit are also shown.
The Professional Practice Award for Specialist Assessors - DAAWD700
- 22nd March 2017 - Book Award
- DACPD701 - 22nd March 2017
- DACPD702 - 12th July 2017
- DACPD703 - 15th November 2017
- 12th July 2017 - bookings open mid March
- DACPD701 - 12th July 2017
- DACPD702 - 15th November 2017
- DACPD703 - 21st March 2018
To book or find out more information about an individual unit, please see the numbered menu above.
For more information email us or call 01784 222304.