Level 5 Diploma in Strategic Teaching Support for Dyslexia and Literacy (DADIP55)
The Strategic Teaching Diploma is a specialist teacher training course that provides an introduction to a structured specialist teaching programme that can be used in school or college settings or with individuals of any reading age in private practice. It comprises the following three units:
- DACPD67: Principles of Literacy Intervention for Learners with Dyslexia and other Literacy Related Difficulties
- DACPD68: Structured Sequential Literacy Support and the Placement Process
- DACPD69: Developing a Literacy Intervention for Learners with Dyslexia or Literacy-Related Difficulties
How long is the course and when can I start?
The course generally takes around 10 months to complete, part time. You can start in September, January or April but you must meet the eligibility criteria below.
This course can only be studied by:
1. Candidates who have completed the CPD Programme pathway leading to the Strategic Teaching Diploma. The CPD Programme pathway comprises of one the following certificates:
- DACRT51: CPD Certificate in Supporting Literacy in learners with Dyslexia
- DACRT56: CPD Certificate in Supporting Adults with Dyslexia and Co-occuring Difficulties
- DACRT57: CPD Certificate in Supporting International Learners with Dyslexia
Candidates who have completed earlier Dyslexia Action syllabus on the CPD, International or Supporting Adults Programmes should have successfully completed a minimum of two Awards to be eligible for the Strategic Teaching Diploma course. Accreditation of Prior Learning will normally be applied where the content varies from that given above.
2. Qualified specialist SpLD teachers (with a Level 5 or Level 7 specialist SpLD teaching qualification which is eligible for ATS/APS) who wish to gain an introduction and practical experience of the Dyslexia Action Literacy Programme (DALP).
Please read the documents below which provide full details including entry requirements, courses on offer and other important information you may need before applying
- Level 5 Diploma in Strategic Teaching Syllabus 2016-2017 (part 1 of 2)
- Level 5 Diploma in Strategic Teaching Syllabus General Information 2016 - 2017 (part 2 of 2)
"The extent and meticulous detail that has gone into the DALP strands is astounding - such valuable documents for us as tutors."
"DALP unpicks the complexities of literacy development with extraordinary clarity and gives us the means to help our learners work incrementally through each strand of learning to master the skill."
"I find comfort in the strength of this teaching program; knowing that the teaching points are all sequential and cumulative. The level of scaffolding makes the program less overwhelming and also potentially less intimidating for the learner as the language choices will be familiar to them."
How do I enrol for this course?
To enrol for this course please ensure that you meet the pre-entry requirements listed above (entry requirements) and then complete the online application form below.
All registrations must be received a week before the course start date (shown below) at the latest.
- Book now for 26th April 2017
This course confers eligibility for Associate Membership of the Dyslexia Guild (ADG) recognised as the first grade of professional membership for a specialist teacher.
The course is currently subject to accreditation with the British Dyslexia Association for Approved Teacher Status or Approved Practitioner Status (ATS/APS) at Level 5 and already approved by The CPD Standards Office.
This course gives you eligibility to apply for professional membership to fulfil the NMH registration Band 4 - Specialist one-to-one study skills support (SpLD) requirement. For further details click here
For more information please email us or call 01784 222304