Making your organisation dyslexia friendly could reduce stress, staff turnover and sick leave, as well as improve motivation, loyalty and efficiency. Your organisation should also be able to demonstrate that it is making reasonable adjustments, to meet the requirements of disability legislation, so it’s important that you understand dyslexia. Our dyslexia awareness sessions offer an introduction to dyslexia and co-occurring difficulties and include practical exercises, with the aim of helping you to better support your employees.
What will I learn about?
- What dyslexia is
- What other hidden disabilities might co-exist with dyslexia
- How a dyslexic person may feel and the barriers they may face in the workplace
- The positive aspects of dyslexia
- Some guidance on how to identify difficulties and how to help an employee when dyslexia is causing a problem at work
- The Equality Act and how it relates to dyslexia.
What does a typical agenda cover?
- What is dyslexia?
- Related co-occurring hidden disabilities
- What to look out for
- How to best support employees with dyslexia?
- Learning and training styles
- The Equality Act and implications for your organisation and staff
How long does it last?
We offer half and full day courses for up to 20 delegates.
Can you tailor the training to my organisation?
Bespoke awareness training, where we tailor the content to your organisation, is also available.
Who have you worked with before?
Previous clients include Devon Police, NHS, Avon and Somerset Fire service and Skills for Health.
More information and booking
For further information, or to arrange an awareness session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
Assistive technologies help with everyday literacy and organisation tasks from reading or writing to planning or making calculations.