Why EAA for support staff?
This course provides a journey through the legislative context, the whole school approach and roles and timings critical to the process. The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) regulations and processes are explored and reviewed.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for teaching and support staff who are working alongside SENCOs, psychologists, specialist assessors and teaching professionals in schools and sixth form colleges.
- Applicants should be currently employed, working with learners in an secondary school/academy or FE/6th form
- Applicants should be qualified to at least level 3 ('A' level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experiences.
If you are hold a Postgraduate Diploma in SpLD you may be interested in our higher level EAA course
What will this course allow me to do?
On completion of the course participants will be able to provide the support required to their school and specialist assessment team in the implementation of Access Arrangements for Examinations.
About the course
- Approximately 20 hours of online learning, conducted over a 6 week period¹
- Free online induction before the course
- Tutor support throughout the duration of the course
- This course equates to Level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) See: http://ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-advice/comparing-qualifications/
- Successful applicants will receive a dyslexia action certificate of continuing professional development for exam access arrangements
¹November unit runs over 8 weeks
Pre-reading and assignments:
- No pre-reading is necessary
- Criteria for a specialist assessor? Click here to download a document published by The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) which outlines the criteria for a specialist assessor
- Latest JCQ Regulations 2016 - 2017 awaiting update
£354 (incs of VAT) per course
How to Book
20 September 2017 - bookings open beginning of August
24 January 2018 - bookings open end of September
16 May 2018 - bookings open end of January
For more information please email us or call 01784 222304.
JCQ Regulations Update in September 2016
Our courses include up to date information on Exam Access Arrangements as per changes to the requirements set by JCQ in September 2016 (due for update September 2017). For further details please visit www.jcq.org.uk