Who are these Courses Suitable for?
Our Continuing Professional Development pathways have been designed to strengthen the expertise and confidence of UK and International teachers, teaching assistants, instructors, tutors, learning support staff or lecturers.
Dyslexia Action offers a varied and flexible online training programme to suit all levels of educational staff both in the UK and overseas.
You can opt to study units or awards which can then be combined to one of three pathways to gain a certificate and can eventually can lead to studying the Level 5 Strategic Teaching Certificate (DACRT60), a specialist teacher training course that provides an introduction to a structured specialist teaching programme that can be used in school or college settings. Once you have completed the Level 5 Strategic Teaching Certificate combined with one of the three pathways available you will be awarded the Level 5 Diploma in Strategic Teaching Support for Dyslexia and Literacy (DADIP61).
- Be qualified to at least level 3 (‘A’ level) on the UK qualifications framework or have other equivalent qualifications and relevant experience. Teaching assistants must be mentored by a qualified teaching professional whilst on the course
- Qualified classroom teachers or teaching or learning assistants and be currently (or recently within the last 2 years) employed to work with learners in the UK or internationally
Full entry requirements and all related information can be found in the CPD syllabus (1 of 2) in the downloads section below.
How the courses work
CPD Pathway to the Certificate in Supporting Adults with Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties (DACRT56)
Study either Individual Units (6 Units to gain the Certificate) at £354 incs. VAT each Unit OR Awards (2 Awards to gain the Certificate: each Award consists of 3 Units) at £1,026 incs. VAT each Award. Note: there is a saving of £30 when you book the Award route:
- Supporting Adults with Dyslexia and Co-occurring difficulties (DAAWD59) click on the relevant box below
- Learning Support for Adults with Dyslexia (DAAWD60) click on the relevant box below
How are the courses delivered and what are the benefits of studying online?
- The courses are only delivered online which offers you the flexibility to organise your time to fit around your professional and personal commitments. It also saves you the time and expense of travel and classroom attendance
- Total study time per Unit is 3-4 hrs a week (20-30 hours total study over a 6 week period per Unit)
- Tutor support is offered throughout the duration of the induction and course
- These qualifications equate to Level 4 or 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) See: http://ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-advice/comparing-qualifications
Please read the documents below which provide full details including entry requirements, courses on offer and other important information you may need before applying.
- CPD Syllabus 2017-2018 (part 1 of 2)
- CPD Syllabus General Information 2017-2018 (part 2 of 2)
- CPD Level 4/5 Terms and conditions 2017-2018
Did you know that as part of the new DSA-QAG requirements we may accept qualified and experienced Study Skills tutors for professional membership purposes into our Guild Associate Membership level based on Accreditation of Prior Experience and Learning.
We can assess your application in the first instance by emailing us a copy of your CV with principal scanned qualification certificates so that we can assess your relevant experience and qualifications.
Further information can be found under membership grades (ADG) click here
Our CPD programme is accredited by The CPD Standards Office.
When can I start and how do I apply?
- Courses run six times a year in September, November, January, March, May and July
Please click on the Awards below to book an Award and once on the Award page you can click at the top if you wish to book individual units.
For more information please email us or call 01784 222304
Level 5 Award consisting of three units
Level 5 Award consisting of three units