For many people, a formal identification of a specific learning difficulty is a turning point for them, as well as for their family and loved ones. 

The assessment provides the blue print for how to address their individual needs. Psychological assessments for children and adults are carried out by independent consulting psychologists, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), or by qualified, specially trained teachers with a current Assessment Practising Certificate. and involve a series of psychometric tests. Following assessment, a report of strengths, weaknesses and an action plan for support is provided.

Your local Dyslexia Action Centre will be able to arrange an assessment and answer any questions you may have.

Further information on getting an assessment for dyslexia can be found here:

Assessment for your child.

Assessment for your yourself, your partner, employees.

Who we help

Holly Sowden

A GRADUATE who is on-track to bec